From Manitoba Harvest:
In 1995, I was unhealthy and unhappy. At over 300 lbs, I was unable to live the active, outdoor lifestyle I desperately wanted. Then, a friend introduced me to hemp foods. Packed with nutrition, these versatile hemp foods provided the nutrients my body was craving. Before long, I had enough natural energy to climb a mountain... and a message to spread once I got there.
Honestly, these nutty little nutrient-packed seeds changed my life. Because hemp foods did wonders for me, I wanted to share them with the world! So in 1998, I, with my friends Martin and Alex, started Manitoba Harvest ®.
Today, we’re proud to bring you Hemp Hearts,™ the very best and most nutritious part of the hemp seed, the heart. By shelling the hemp seed, you get only the center—with its raw nutrition, rich nutty flavor and tender crunch. It’s delicious. It’s sustainable. And it’s packed with goodness. Try hemp — it could change your life!
- 10 grams protein and Omega 3&6 in every serving •
- Sprinkle Hemp Hearts on salad, cereal, oatmeal and yogurt, blend in smoothies or add to your favorite recipes •
- Non-GMO Project Verified, Keto, Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher, Paleo, and made with 100% wind power
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts have a slight nutty taste with more protein, omegas, and iron and less carbs than the same serving of Chia or Flax
- Free from dairy and soy
Serving Size: 3 Tablespoons
Servings Per Container:
Amount Per Serving:
- Natural Hemp Hearts: 8
- Organic Hemp Hearts: 11
Calories from Fat 120
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 10g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Total Carbohydrate 3g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars less than 1g
Ingredients: Raw shelled hemp seed.
Hemp seeds are one of the only plant sources that contain 21 amino acids, which makes them a complete protein. Containing all 8 essential amino acids that the body cannot produce naturally, hemp seeds help with muscle strength, weight loss, stress reduction, and more.
Hemp seeds help with:
- Insomnia - hemp seeds have a high mineral content, including magnesium. Magnesium stimulates the enzymes and hormones that induce sleep. Serotonin is released when magnesium is administered, where it is converted to melatonin, a potent sleep aid.
- Digestion - Hemp seeds are a greatl source of both insoluble and solubledietary fiber. Insoluble fiber helps bodily waste move through the digestive tract, which contriburtes to the reduction of the symptoms of diarrhea and constipation. Soluble fiber slows glucose absorption and increases the digestive and gastric juices, which also moves waste products. Soluble fiber also encourages the production of bile juice, reducing the amount of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol) in the body.
- Heart Issues - The protein hydroslylate in hemp seeds functions to lower blood pressure, thus preventing potential strokes or heart disease. Impressive amounts of the amino acid arginine are found in hemp seeds, which produces nitric oxide in the body that makes blood vessels dilate and relax, leading to lowered blood pressure and a reduced risk of heart disease. The gamma-linolenic acid in hemp seeds has also been found to reduce inflammation.
(This information is not intended to substitute for medical treatment, so please consult the many studies on hemp seeds and/or your doctor.)
- Organic Hemp Hearts, 12 oz., $ 14.99
- Natural Hemp Hearts, 8 oz., $ 7.99